Although it was officially the Year of the Tiger, here at i Love Dogs, 2010 was the Year of the Dog.
This year we were extremely proud to introduce our Mojitos & Mutts events, which not only gave dog lovers an opportunity to mingle, but provided shelters with much-needed donations of dog food, toys and money. It was also a pleasure meeting our customers at various events including America’s Family Pet Expo and the KLOS/spcaLA Mark & Brian Pet Adoption Day. And we were more than happy to raise hundreds of pounds of dog food for the Linda Blair WorldHeart Foundation by creating postcards for the Pet Postcard Project.
We were also delighted to see traffic on ilovedogs.com grow exponentially. These were our most popular stories of the year:
1. Ryan Seacrest Hunts for the Perfect Pooch – The host of “American Idol” started looking for a new furiend, and considered getting a Great Dane or Shibu Inu.
2. The Top 10 Cutest Dogs! – Our first photo contest in conjunction with Fido Friendly Magazine was a rebarkable success.
3. Pit Bull Heroes Save Chihuahua from Coyote Attack – We love positive stories about Pit Bulls, and this is about as good as it gets.
4. Report Says USDA Cuts Puppy Mills Too Much Slack – A disturbing report found horrible conditions at puppy mills and called out officials for failing to penalize the operators.
5. Federal Officer Shoots Family Pet in Dog Park – An off-duty officer killed Bear-Bear, a Husky that had been playing with his dog.
6. Surf Dog Ricochet and i Love Dogs Team Up for a Contest! – What’s cuter than pictures of pooches in beach gear?
7. Pit Bull and Bassett Hound Save Child from Fox Attack – When a little girl was attacked by a rabid fox, her two dogs came to her rescue and chased it away.
8. Rescue Dog Shot Dead By Cop at Crowded Street Festival – Parrot the Pit Bull was thrown down a stairwell and shot by an officer, angering witnesses who said the dog was not aggressive.
9. What is Dogscaping? It’s Easier Than You Think! – Great tips for landscaping your backyard with your dog’s needs in mind.
10. Fur Angels Animal Sanctuary Gives Dogs a Second Chance – This sanctuary focuses on finding homes for deaf dogs. Its founder, Amber Kay, is deaf herself.
Thank you for visiting ilovedogs.com. We promise to bring you even more news and information about all things dog in 2011, and we’ll be introducing some pawsome new features, too.
The i Love Dogs team wishes you and all your two- and four-legged loved ones a very healthy and happy new year!