This week the Hollywoof Reporter, i Love Dogs’ roundup of the latest news and “paw”ssip about celebs and their four-legged friends, brings you the pooch scoop on these top stories:
- Miley Cyrus’ Prince Charming is Her New Dog
- Zooey Deschanel Dishes Dogs on ‘Late Late Show‘
- ‘Swamp People’ Dog Star Battles Life-Threatening Illness
We’re also introducing a new Teacup Tidbits section, which features bite-sized news about your favorite celebs and their pooches. This week get the latest dog dirt on Selma Blair, Novak Djokovic, Mario Lopez and Kristin Bauer.
There’s a “pawty” in the U.S.A., because Miley Cyrus recently adopted a new puppy!
According to PEOPLEPets.com, the singer introduced her new love interest to fans over the weekend via her Twitter. Cyrus’ first tweet about the pup was: “I’m so in love with him it is ridiculous. His name is Floyd.”
Afterwards Cyrus posted a picture of herself cuddling Floyd, an adorable Alaskan Klee Kai. The pup later snuggled in with his new dog mama, prompting the tweet: “Laying in bed watching Breaking Bad with Floyd! Counting down until the new season!”
The following day, Cyrus tweeted her mom, Tish, about a breakthrough with teaching Floyd how to communicate: “OH MY GOD! Floyd was barking to get my attention and I was too busy tweeting so he jumped into the bath tub with me! Haha!”
The next morning the stylish singer tweeted a picture of Floyd sleeping in her bed and said, “I wake up and this is the 1st thing I see … I can’t think of anything better.”
Maybe Cyrus will start singing to Floyd just like fellow songbird Leighton Meester does to her dog, Trudie.
Zooey Deschanel Dishes Dogs on ‘Late Late Show’
Actress and singer Zooey Deschanel was on the “Late Late Show” with Craig Ferguson last Friday night. While Deschanel’s sister, Emily, star of the FOX hit, “Bones,” is expecting a new baby, Zooey gushed about adding a furry friend to her own family.
Deschanel, who’s married to Death Cab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard, grew up with a Wheaten Terrier. She told Ferguson, “I want a dog so much.”
When Ferguson suggested a Husky, Deschanel responded that she wanted “a small dog that has a lot of personality.” So the late-night talk show host suggested his not-so-well-behaved Jack Russell. Deschanel rejected that idea too, saying, “I want something cute to hang out with and hug.”
You can see Deschanel and Ferguson talk dogs over on the “Late Late Show’s” website.
One of the dog stars of the History Channel’s “Swamp People“ is in danger of missing the next season of the reality show.
A rep for Mitchell, who usually wears overalls and an American flag bandana on the show, told TMZ that Tyler was having “heart troubles” back in January and had to be rushed to the vet for emergency care.
It was so serious that Tyler had almost died.
Fortunately, vets were able to treat the illness, and Tyler’s been recuperating at home.
Teacup Tidbits: Selma Blair, Novak Djokovic, Mario Lopez and Kristin Bauer
- Selma Blair may be past her due date, but the mom-to-be isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. According to PEOPLEPets.com, the expectant mom’s determined little pooch led the way as they trotted around West Hollywood last Thursday. Hopefully the little pup won’t be put in the doghouse after the baby arrives, like Nick Cannon did with Mariah Carey’s dogs.
- Novak Djokovic, the No. 1-ranked tennis player in the world, is spending his downtime trying to surf with his Poodle, Pierre. The tennis phenom wasn’t able to bring his pup to Wimbledon, so he’s making the most of their time together. Djokovic tweeted a picture on Monday with the caption, “I don’t know who’s having more fun – me or Pierre?”
- “Extra” host Mario Lopez also showed some Twitter puppy love. While he was away on business, his wife, Courtney Mazza, sent him a picture of Gia, their 10-month-old daughter, giving the family’s French Bulldog, Julio, a kiss. Lopez tweeted: ”Back home @CLMazza sent me a pic of Gia giving Julio a beso. Looks like she’s biting him!”
- Kristin Bauer made the Hollywoof Reporter last week when she spoke out about puppy mills for an Animal Legal Defense Fund video. The actress, who plays Pam on “True Blood,” recently blogged about spending a day at the Best Friends Animal Society’s Independence Paw’rade, where she fell for a “pawfect stranger.”
- Be sure to catch a mini-marathon of “Ice Loves Coco” on E! this Saturday and see Ada Nieves, a pawsome pal of i Love Dogs, dress up Spartacus for his first big photo shoot.