This week the Hollywoof Reporter, i Love Dogs’ roundup of the latest news and “paw”ssip about celebs and their four-legged friends, brings you the pooch scoop on these top stories:
- Olivia Goes Wilde Over Her Dog
- Miley and Floyd Have a Puppy Play Date
- Sharon Osbourne’s New $10,000 Yorkie Visits ‘The Talk’
This week’s Teacup Tidbits has the dog dirt on Kellie Pickler, Hugh Jackman and January Jones. Plus, our pal Nikki Moustaki shares pooch summer safety tips with Teddy Hilton!
The 27-year-old actress is opening up about her love affair, reports PEOPLEpets.com. ”Is it sad that my dog is essentially the man in my life?” she asked at the Los Angeles premiere of “The Change-Up” on Monday.
“He’s a great dog, but it’s funny because ever since I mentioned that he was my boyfriend, he gets way more swag than I ever have,” she said. “I mean, truckloads arrive at the house for him. When he hears a car pull up, he just waits, like he knows it’s for him!”
Paco is a 9-year-old rescue who’s grown so accustomed to his new swag that the old dog is showing Wilde some new tricks. When packages show up for him, “he is basically like, ‘You can just put that in my room,’” Wilde said.
The lucky pup has come a long way from his former ways. Wilde rescued him through Much Love Animal Rescue after he was found starving in the back of a U-Haul truck with his five brothers and sisters.
Maybe Wilde and Paco can set up a play date with her “Change-Up” co-star Ryan Gosling and his pup, Baxter. It could lead to the “pawfect” Hollywoof couple!
A few weeks ago, singer Miley Cyrus made her Hollywoof Reporter debut when she adopted Floyd, her fluffy Prince Charming. Now the pup and his dog mom are making furever friends!
According to PEOPLEpets.com, Floyd’s play date happened when Cyrus and her boyfriend, Liam Hemworth, met up with Willow and her new dog mom, model-actress Erin Lucas, last weekend to relax on Michigan’s Orchard Lake.
Cyrus sent out several Twitter updates about Floyd’s big outing. She first tweeted, “It’s official. Me & @erin_lucas have the cutest babies ever. Willow and Floyd it’s a family affair.”
The next day Cyrus tweeted: “Ha! Awesome! Was rocking a cute black skirt until Floyd decided to jump into the pool. Now I’m rocking a white fur skirt!”
Later in the weekend, Cyrus sent out yet another tweet about Floyd: “Rocking out 2 “circle of life” w/ @erin_lucas & the boys! I’m convinced that Floyd is the next Simba. 1 of my favorite songs of all time!”
Maybe Floyd is taking after his singing dog mom after all!
Last week, Sharon Osbourne made the Hollywoof Reporter when she and husband Ozzy adopted a new Yorkie for $10,000 during an auction at the 13th Annual HollyRod Design Care event. The couple was there to show their support for Osbourne’s “The Talk” co-host, Holly Robinson Peete.
When she was asked on “The Talk” last Thursday if the Yorkie, named Charlie, had settled into his new home yet, Osbourne responded, “It’s coming, because it’s still not old enough to come.”
Robinson Peete, dog mother of two, told Osbourne she had a “little surprise.” She brought out a gift package of doggie treats and told Osbourne, “Don’t get too excited, missus. It’s just a little gift bag for when you actually get the dog.”
While Osbourne was distracted with the decoy package, Robinson Peete ran off stage and brought back her real gift – adorable little Charlie.
- Kellie Pickler made Hollywoof headlines in July when she adopted Chunk, an injured Pit Bull. Last weekend, Pickler showed her puppy love by tweeting pictures of Chunk and his pawl, Pixie. Pickler first tweeted, “Catching some rays with Chunk!” Then on Monday she tweeted, “Pixie [who's] normally cotton white has somehow transformed to the color ‘mud.’”
- Vous aimez French Bulldogs? Hugh Jackman certainly does! According to PEOPLEpets.com, the actor’s little Frenchie looked right at home while vacationing with his dog dad and family in Paris. “He’s coming to Europe with us,” Jackman’s wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, told PEOPLE shortly before the family left. “He’s part of the family.”
- “Mad Men” actress January Jones was spotted in Los Angeles last weekend, showing off her baby bump while walking her dog. Teddy Hilton.com reported that her “Mad Men” co-star, Jon Hamm, recently told the press he’s not sure how Jones will handle her pregnancy while shooting the fifth season of the show. “She’s going to have a baby come hell or high water,” Hamm said. “I don’t know and I don’t have to know. I’m happy that it’s not my problem.” Looks like Jones isn’t too worried – dog walking is a great form of relaxing.
- Watch i Love Dogs friend Nikki Moustaki dishing summer safety tips on Teddy Hilton.com!