This week the Hollywoof Reporter, i Love Dogs’ Furiday roundup of the latest news and “paw”ssip about celebs and their four-legged friends, brings you the pooch scoop on these stories:
- Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall Adopt a Pound Puppy
- Colbie Caillat’s New Puppy’s ‘Got Talent’
- Jenny McCarthy’s Dog Goes to the Hospital
This week’s Teacup Tidbits has the dog dirt on Mariah Carey, Miley Cyrus and Denis Leary!
The royal family has welcomed a new member into their pack! According to PEOPLEPets.com, Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, are now pet parents to a Jack Russell Terrier puppy named Beth.
The news was released via the Clarence House Twitter, which tweets updates, pictures and videos about the Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
The tweet included this adorable photo of Beth.
The newly minted royal pooch wasn’t always living like a princess. According to a press release from the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Beth was left at the shelter last month, when she was just 12 weeks old. She is one of more than 100 stray dogs that came to the animal shelter in July.
Battersea’s Chief Executive, Claire Horton, said in the press release, “We’re delighted that the Duchess of Cornwall has adopted Beth. Beth is a charming, confident little puppy and we know she will be very happy in her new home … We look forward to hearing about this Battersea puppy’s progress in her new home.”
Battersea is known for being a popular shelter among Britain’s best. Last month, it was revealed that Alexander McQueen left the organization $100,000 in his will.
Singer Colbie Caillat’s summer tour means spending a lot of time on the road, so it’s a treat for her to come home. And according to PEOPLEPets.com, that now means coming home to her 3-month-old rescue, named Maté.
On last week’s episode of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent,” Caillat brought along her pup for her performance of her new single, “Brighter Than the Sun.”
Despite Maté not getting any airtime, he was able to hang out with his dog mom on stage during rehearsal. The pup wore a hoodie to stay warm on the air-conditioned set. (For a cute hoodie for your own pup, check out Healthy Spot LA or Anything Canine!)
Maté has been known to travel with his dog mom locally in Los Angeles. In July he accompanied Caillat to film a performance for ”Extra” at the Grove.
Maté isn’t the first rescue Caillat has adopted. The bubbly singer is a spokeswoman for Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and a strong advocate for animal adoption. She has another rescue pup, a Golden Retriever named Plum.
“You don’t have to go straight to a pet store,” Caillat told PEOPLEPets.com. “It doesn’t hurt to go to a shelter first and see if you find love with one of their dogs – just like I did.”
McCarthy tweeted that her “blind, deaf dog” was in the hospital, and asked for “prayers for Pink Lady.”
According to PEOPLEPets.com, McCarthy was spotted getting a hug from a friend after dropping off the sick pup at a veterinary hospital in Sherman Oaks, Calif. She made a second stop later in the day to check on Pink Lady with Las Vegas performer Jason Toohey, who she dated last year.
The next day, McCarthy tweeted this good news to her fans: “Going to pick up Pink lady from hospital. She’s better.”
Back to her sassy self a moment later, McCarthy tweeted, “Well.. She’s still blind, deaf and 145 yrs old but shes putting up a good fight.”
- Mariah Carey took to Twitter earlier this week to shed some light on how she’s losing her excess baby weight. Carey tweeted, “Jogging puppy style!” and included a picture of herself working out with all five of her pups. The five Jack Russell Terriers– Cha Cha, Jackie Lambchops, Jill E. Beans, Squeak E. Beans and JJ – look like they’re getting the diva into a bit of a tangled situation.
- Miley Cyrus, dog mama to Floyd, has been tweeting about her pup like crazy! Earlier this week Cyrus tweeted, “I love you Floyd Stache Cyrus,” and included a picture of herself hoisting Floyd over her shoulders. Cyrus can’t seem to stop updating the world about “the 2 most loyal souls I’ve ever known. My babies make me so happy #officiallyacrazydoglady.” The singer also changed her Twitter profile picture to herself with Floyd.
- “Rescue Me” star Denis Leary recently opened up on “Chelsea Lately” about his experience with dogs. Leary told host Chelsea Handler that he and his wife have four dogs, including my personal favorite, a Leonberger. Leary said of the breed: “They’re giant dogs, bigger than German Shepherds. They’re all over YouTube because they ‘talk’ … They’re great dogs because they’re very smart and they’re huge.” Later in the interview, Leary confesses that he talks to his Leonberger like a human, calling him handsome, but apparently, as you can see in the video, the big pup took the compliment the wrong way, BOL.