This week’s Hollywoof Reporter has the pooch scoop on these celebrities and their dogs:
- ‘Twilight’ Stars Bitten By Puppy Love
- Selena Gomez’s New Puppy is On the Rocks
- Paris Hilton Treats a Stray Dog Like a Prince
- Paws Up for Mickey Rourke/Paws (Way) Down for Nick Cannon
‘Twilight’ Stars Bitten By Puppy Love
On Live! With Regis and Kelly Thursday, Robert Pattinson talked about Bear, the pooch he rescued from a shelter near Baton Rouge, La.
“He was in one those shelters where they don’t keep them around for very long,” Pattinson told Philbin and Ripa. “He was on his sixth of seven days.” But after being adopted by the actor, Bear’s life turned around immediately.
“It was kind of ridiculous,” Pattinson said. “Literally three days after that, we were going to L.A. and he had his own seat [on a private plane].”
Pattinson isn’t the only “Twilight” actor nipped by the puppy-love bug. Booboo Stewart, better known as wolfpack member Seth Clearwater, isn’t loyal to just werewolves – he loves all animals!
In a new ad for PETA, Stewart poses with Pookie, his rescue Poodle. The campaign aims to spread the message, “Buying Animals is Killing Animals. Save a Homeless Dog or Cat – Always Adopt and Never Buy.”
“If you guys are interested in getting any kind of animal, definitely go and adopt,” Stewart said on PETA’s website.
Selena Gomez’s New Puppy is On the Rocks
On Friday, Gomez tweeted a picture of Baylor with the caption, “My baby is sick praying for his surgery.”
According to TMZ.com, Baylor became violently ill after ingesting several rocks. TMZ also reported that D’Arcy’s Animal Rescue Center, the Winnipeg shelter from which Gomez adopted Baylor, isn’t taking any chances with the dog mom. They plan on contacting Gomez once a month for the next few months to make sure she’s properly caring for the 3-month-old pup.
Paris Hilton Treats a Stray Dog Like a Prince!
Paris Hilton is a notorious dog lover who once admitted to owning 17 dogs at a time. As it turns out, she doesn’t just love her own collection of dogs – she loves all dogs!
According to US Magazine, the 30-year-old heiress and reality star was working in Bali when she came across a “starving stray dog” on the beach Friday.
“It made me so sad,” she tweeted. “So we ordered him a filet mignon. He loved it!”
Hilton posted several pictures of the skinny pooch. “This poor stray dog is breaking my heart,” she tweeted. “He is so sweet. I wish I could take him home with me.”
Paws Up For Mickey Rourke/Paws (Way) Down for Nick Cannon
- PAWS UP for Mickey Rourke! The actor turned down a Hollywood Walk of Fame star honor because officials refused to let him add his dead dog’s name to the plaque. The San Francisco Chronicle reported last Thursday that Rourke insisted his beloved late Chihuahua, Loki, deserved the honor as much as he did. (Rourke fans may recall the actor touchingly thanking Loki in his 2009 Golden Globes Award acceptance speech.) Rourke told the Chronicle, “They said no, so we told them to take a hike. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Loki.” Rourke did agree to immortalize his footprints outside Grauman’s Chinese Theatre last week, where officials allowed him to write Loki’s name in the wet cement.
- PAWS (WAY) DOWN for Nick Cannon! Mariah Carey’s husband – who’s been in the dog house as far as we’re concerned ever since he forced his wife’s dogs to sleep outside – claimed he attached 50 balloons to Charlie Roo, a Pomeranian belonging to 92.3′s Rolling Radio co-host Sarah Lee. Cannon told Lee her Pom had flown away and was missing, and the radio station posted a “Lost Dog” announcement on its website. Thankfully, Cannon’s stunt was a stupid hoax – he actually tied the balloons to a stuffed dog. Sorry, Mr. Mariah Carey, but joking about animal cruelty isn’t funny at all.