This week’s Hollywoof Reporter has the pooch scoop on these celebrities and their dogs:
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Become Dog Mamas
- Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris Back to Fighting Over Dog
- Our HOLLYWOOF Favorites of 2011
Kendall and Kylie Jenner Become Dog Mamas
Their parents, Kris and Bruce Jenner, didn’t heed our warning that giving puppies for Christmas is a bad idea, due to their prolonged need of care way past the holidays.
Of course the Jenner sisters were ecstatic about their gifts – who wouldn’t be? Kendall shared her excitement on Twitter with exclamation-point-overloaded tweets like this one: “OMG OMG OMG!!!! Best Xmas present ever!!!!!!! 2 beautiful puppies!!!!! Ahhhh thanks mom and dad!!!!”
So what did the Jenner sisters name their new pups? Has to start with a “K,” right? Going against their norm, Kendall and Kylie decided to “koordinate” on matching names and aptly named their little Labs Louis and Vuitton.
The puppies are undeniably cute, but we can’t help but wonder where they came from. Paws crossed that it was a rescue and not a pet store.
Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris Back to Fighting Over Dog
“We both love the puppy,” Hefner told PEOPLEPets.com. “I told her if she wants to keep the ring and the Bentley, then maybe I can keep the puppy. I [hope] we will work it out.”
Hefner, 85, told PEOPLEPets.com he “dodged a bullet” by not marrying the 25-year-old Harris. He’s now dating 25-year-old Anna Sophia Berglund, as well as an older woman, 28-year-old Shera Bechard.
Our HOLLYWOOF Favorites of 2011
- 2011 was a big year for singers adopting puppies. Miley Cyrus adopted an adorable Alaskan Klee Kai named Floyd, while fellow Disney channel star and singer, Selena Gomez, rescued a Husky mix named Baylor.
- Country singer Kellie Pickler also let a new dog sing his way into her heart when she rescued a Pit Bull.
- Rocking the dog world with their wonderful efforts were Gene Simmons and Trent Reznor. Simmons earned major rock-god points by asking for SPCA donations instead of wedding gifts when he tied the knot to long-time girlfriend Shannon Tweed in October.
- Nine Inch Nails’ frontman, Trent Reznor, helped dogs this year by auctioning off pieces of music history in an effort to help Greyhounds find homes after their short racing careers come to an end.
- Not skipping a beat when it comes to winning over your heart, Hollywoof’s most handsome also took part in the puppy love! Ryan Gosling was spotted taking his dog, George, on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” He even carried his furry friend up the escalator at LAX. (In the never-ending battle of Ryan Gosling vs. puppies, we’ll give 2011 to Gosling.)
- And last, but certainly not least when it comes to our favorite Hollywoof celebrities, is George Clooney. The actor recently stated that he rubbed turkey meatballs on his shoes to get a homeless Cocker Spaniel mix named Einstein to like him.