This week’s Hollywoof Reporter has the pooch scoop on these dog celebrities and celebrities’ dogs:
- Jack Osbourne’s Bulldog Dies
- Betty White to Attend Dog Charity Event
- Linda Blair Visits BC SPCA
- Singers Miley Cyrus and James Durbin to Benefit Animals
Jack Osbourne’s Bulldog Dies
Our condolences to Jack Osbourne, whose English Bulldog, Lola, has died. The son of rocker Ozzy Osbourne and talk-show host Sharon, and brother of Kelly, took to his Twitter on Monday to share the bad news.
“Lola you were the best friend anyone could ever have,” Osbourne tweeted. “I will love you and miss you always.”
Lola had her own Twitter with more than 9,000 followers. After her death, this message was posted: “Thank you ALL for your kind words. I’m in a better place now. Heaven needs a new princess.”
Everyone from Cesar Millan and TMZ to Lola’s fans are tweeting their support to Osbourne. We’re sad to see Lola cross the rainbow bridge.
Betty White to Attend Dog Charity Event
Dog lovers will have a chance to see White in person when Dogs for the Deaf celebrates its 35th anniversary on August 4 in Studio City, Calif. Pet parents who purchase tickets to the “Hooray for Hollywoof” event (love that name!) will be able to help raise funds for the organization by placing bids in both live and silent auctions.
Tickets are on sale for $250, and a VIP ticket package for two (with a table close to White) will cost you $1,000.
Dogs for the Deaf, founded in 1977, is a non-profit that saves shelter dogs and trains them to assist those dealing with hearing impairment and autism.
Linda Blair Visits BC SPCA
Linda Blair, the Oscar-nominated actress and founder of the Linda Blair WorldHeart Foundation, recently visited a branch of the British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BC SPCA).
According to dogtipper.com, the actress was in town for the Victoria Film Festival, and used her star power to shine a spotlight on the Victoria branch of the BC SPCA. The organization provides comfort and care for adoptable dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, rats, mice and more.
In an interview with Victoria News, Blair commented on the plight of puppy-mill dogs. “Not only are we creating an overpopulation, but not all of the animals will find homes unless people know and can help support the work of the SPCA, and to stop the backyard breeders and encourage people to come and adopt and not to shop,” she said.
Singers Miley Cyrus and James Durbin to Benefit Animals
- Miley Cyrus has started modeling her dogs, but before you jump to conclusions, she’s doing it for a worthy cause. According to PEOPLEPets.com, each of her pups took a turn modeling for photographer Vijat Mohindra. Cyrus plans to sell the photos and donate the proceeds to help other rescue animals.
- Singer James Durbin, who came in fourth place during the 10th season of “American Idol,” will be singing to benefit Animal Based Charities at the second annual Pet-A-Palooza in Clearwater, Fla. According to dogtipper.com, a portion of the proceeds will benefit the charity, which supports animal rescue groups through fundraising efforts, media awareness and adoption event exposure.