A dog’s muzzle is comprised of his mouth, nose and jaws. As the muzzle is comprised of different parts, it plays an important role in your dog’s overall health. Since your dog’s muzzle has three different parts, it can be affected by a variety of health concerns including, allergies, tonsillitis, nose cancer, acne and more.
Muzzle Health: Mouth
- Your dog may have tonsillitis, an inflammation of his tonsils, if he is coughing, having difficulty swallowing and won’t eat. i Love Dogs Reishi with Green Tea may help dogs suffering from tonsillitis. A study by the University of Texas Health Science Center found that reishi has anti-inflammatory properties, aiding in decreasing the inflammation of tonsils. Additionally, the reishi mushroom enhances immune modulators, making it easier for your dog to recover.
- It’s also important to keep your dog’s teeth healthy to boost his overall mouth health. Brushing your dog’s teeth regularly will help keep them
bright, white and healthy. You can also give your dog a green tea supplement to significantly reduce tartar build-up and bacteria, prevent cavities and fight gingivitis and gum disease.
Muzzle Health: Noses
Dogs love to follow their noses and sniff around while walking or playing at the dog park. That’s why it’s important to keep his nose and airways free of any health problems.
- Allergies are one of the ailments dogs have in common with humans. In fact, many of the things that cause our eyes to water and make us sneeze, like pollen, grass and dust, cause the very same reactions in our dogs. i Love Dogs Reishi with Green Tea supplements have anti-allergenic properties that block the release of histamine to alleviate allergy symptoms. It also helps relax the bronchial tubes, providing respiratory benefit to dogs.
- According to PetWave.com, dogs who are chronically exposed to secondhand smoke, wood dust and/or toxins are susceptible to nasal adenocarcinoma, a type of nose cancer. Regular consumption of reishi has been shown to stimulate the production of potent, natural anti-cancer substances produced in the body. This can inhibit the growth of tumors and even cause tumors to regress.
- Acne can affect dogs as it does humans, and a common breakout spot is the muzzle. A common solution to this skin problem is a prescription for benzoyl peroxide. Additionally, the adaptogenic properties in reishi help balance the body, particularly when under stress, by either stimulating or relaxing it to promote overall skin health and help your dog recover from acne faster.
- Short-nosed (also called “brachycephalic”) breeds, such as Bulldogs, Pugs or Boxers, are prone to snoring. HOW TO Stop Your Dog From Snoring has great tips for dealing with this problem so both you and your dog can get a good night’s rest.
Muzzle Health: Jaws
- Several breeds, such as Scottish Terriers, Cairn Terriers and West Highland White Terriers, are susceptible to craniomandibular osteopathy (CMO), or jawbone enlargement. According to PetMD.com, when a dog suffers from jawbone enlargement, “[an] extra bone forms along the mandible and TMJ [jaw joint], making it painful and difficult for the affected dog to open its mouth and eat.” Since jawbone enlargement is usually treated with anti-inflammatory medicine, taking an i Love Dogs Reishi supplement may help since it has anti-inflammatory properties.