“Dog With a Blog,” a new series about a pooch named Stan who, well, writes a blog (and talks, too!), premieres tonight on the Disney Channel.
The premise is that a child psychologist adopts a pound pup, Stan, in an effort to help the siblings in his blended family get along better.
Hilarity ensues and bonding begins when the kids discover their new furry friend can talk … and blog. The reviews so far have been rather “ruff.” Variety referred to the new sitcom as “low-hanging-biscuit fare.”
Sorry, Stan, but the concept of a dog blogging is nothing new – in fact, i Love Dogs had a pack of intrepid K-9 reporters on our TJ.LA site way back in 2009 (that’s 21 years ago in dog years).
In case you missed these stories filed by our spokesdog, Troy Junior, along with Irie the Jackahuahua, Leroy the TerriBull, Sophie the Pawesome Pittie and the PM2 Dog Agility Team, here are a few of them for your reading pleasure.
- I Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Tweet Toy — i Love Dogs spokesdog Troy Junior’s take on a toy collar that pretends to let dogs use Twitter, and what dogs would really tweet if they could.
- One Leash to Live – Leroy offers compelling reasons why pet parents shouldn’t let their dogs run free.
- Mastering the Perfect Belly Rub – Step-by-step instructions from Irie that will make your pooch love you even more.
- I Love Going to the Vet and So Should You! – Advice for pups from Sophie about why a trip to the dog doc is no big deal.
- Havin’ a Blast at the AKC Agility Invitational – An insider’s look at this action-packed event from PM2 Dog Agility Team members PJPupp, Rickie Roo, Gigi and LC.
Read ‘em and weep, Stan.