Power to the Pit Bulls!
Saturday is the sixth annual National Pit Bull Awareness Day (NPBAD).
Events are being held across the country to dispel Pit Bull myths, expose the unfairness of breed-specific legislation (BSL), educate pet parents about the importance of spaying/neutering and training their dogs, and also to have a lot of fun.
If you don’t happen to be a fan of Pit Bulls, please consider opening your mind and heart by attending an event and learning the truth about this breed – you might just get a big Pittie smooch in the process (there’s nothing like ‘em).
Click here for a list of the events being held across the country on Saturday.
For your NPBAD reading enjoyment, here are some of the many positive Pit Bull stories i Love Dogs has posted:
- ‘Pit Stops 2′ Recounts Homeless Dog’s Cross-Country Road Trip
- Hero Award for Recuperating Pit Bull Who Saved Woman From Train
- Compassionate Police Officer Rescues and Adopts ‘Vicious’ Pit Bull
- Pit Bull Stays by Fallen Buddy’s Side for 14 Hours
- Pit Bull Receives spcaLA Hero Dog Award
- Pit Bulls Save Chihuahua From Coyote Attack
- Pit Bull and Bassett Hound Save Child From Rabid Fox Attack
These “Hollywoof Heroes” are also working hard to dispel Pit Bull myths – check out our exclusive videos:
PHOTO: Dexter was the first-place winner of our i Love Pit Bulls photo contest last year. His dog mom, Sarah Clinton, said, “Dexter is a true breed ambassador. He loves dogs and other people (especially puppies).”