A very lucky dog named Ethan received a special birthday gift this year: his life was saved after being poisoned and buried alive. The Parisian pooch has three guardian angels to thank for saving his life: the man who saw him and dug him up, the firefighters and the veterinarian who nursed him back to life.
The man who spotted Ethan was walking by when he saw the ground moving, which was thought to be caused by Ethan’s convulsions from being poisoned. He then went to get a shovel and dug up the poor pup.
According to The Associated Press (AP), “Sabrina Zamora, president of an animal association in Charleville-Mezieres, 200 kilometers northeast of Paris, said Friday the little white dog with a black ear was ‘flat as a pancake’ when he was dug up from his grave Tuesday near a lakeside pedestrian path.”
Ethan was in pretty bad shape when he arrived at the vet’s office.
“He was completely cold, he was barely breathing,” veterinarian Philippe Michon told AP. “It’s extraordinary. We only see this in TV movies, he came back to life and without a scratch. It’s rather miraculous.”
Ethan was so far gone that his veins had collapsed from being so cold, so the vet had to use water bottles to warm him back up.
Thankfully, 24 hours later, this sweet little pooch was brought back from the brink, according to the article.
Also, the vet checked and discovered that Ethan had a microchip, which revealed that he had been saved on his third birthday. They also contacted his owner, who claimed that he had given Ethan away.