Pet parents affected by Sandy: For the latest updates, see Protect Your Dog From Hurricane Sandy – UPDATED.
- Baltimore Humane Society – This no-kill shelter sustained water and electrical damage. It currently needs monetary contributions to help its restoration efforts. To donate, click here or send a check to Baltimore Humane Society, 1601 Nicodemus Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136.
- Humane Society of Atlantic County – This shelter was flooded and estimates a loss of about $100,000. Click here to make a cash donation. You can also drop off heavy-duty trash bags, paper towels, copy paper, bleach, laundry detergent/fabric softener and Home Depot or Lowes gift cards at JC Motorsports, located at 831 W. White Horse Pike (Route 30) in Galloway, N.J. (map).
- Humane Society of Ocean City – Although this shelter sustained minor damages, it was able to reopen on Friday. You can bring the following needed supplies to 1 Shelter Road in Ocean City (map): laundry soap, bleach, canned cat foot, 33-gallon trash bags and towels. To make a cash donation, click here.
- Mount Pleasant Animal Shelter – This facility is still without power and heat. To make a donation, click here.
- Woodbridge Animal Shelter (WAS) – The first floor of the shelter was flooded. You can make a cash donation by clicking here, and check its Amazon Wish List to donate supplies needed.
- Animal Care & Control of NYC (ACC) – The ACC facilities in Manhattan and Brooklyn have reopened on a limited basis. Click here to make a cash donation.
- Animal Haven – Until late Friday afternoon, this New York City shelter was without power for five days. You can donate linens, towels, flashlights, lanterns, flashlight batteries, paper towels, bleach and rubber gloves in person at 251 Centre Street (map) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. To donate online, click here.
- Rescue Ink – This rescue group’s shelter sustained severe damage in the storm. All of the animals have been relocated to foster homes. To donate computer equipment, supplies or other items, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To donate cash to help rebuild the shelter, click here or mail a check to Rescue Ink, P.O. Box 465, Long Beach, NY 11561.
PHOTO: Rescue Ink Facebook Page